35 Industrial and Commercial Machinery and Computer Equipment
Major Group: 35—Industrial And Commercial Machinery And Computer EquipmentThis major group includes establishments engaged in manufacturing industrial and commercial machinery and equipment and computers. Included are the manufacture of engines and turbines; farm and garden machinery; construction, mining, and oil field machinery; elevators and conveying equipment; hoists, cranes, monorails, and industrial trucks and tractors; metalworking machinery; special industry machinery; general industrial machinery; computer and peripheral equipment and office machinery; and refrigeration and service industry machinery. Machines powered by built-in or detachable motors ordinarily are included in this major group, with the exception of electrical household appliances. Power-driven handtools are included in this major group, whether electric or otherwise driven.
Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing electrical equipment are classified in Major Group 36, and those manufacturing handtools, except powered, are classified in Major Group 34.
- 351 Engines And Turbines
- 352 Farm And Garden Machinery And Equipment
- 353 Construction, Mining, And Materials Handling
- 354 Metalworking Machinery And Equipment
- 355 Special Industry Machinery, Except Metalworking
- 356 General Industrial Machinery And Equipment
- 357 Computer And Office Equipment
- 358: Refrigeration And Service Industry Machinery